SULSA NETWORK SUPPORT
SULSA wish to support new and existing Life Sciences Networks by providing funds towards the running of a network event.
Scope of Award
SULSA wish to support new and existing Life Sciences Networks with our SULSA Network Support. This funding aims to support new and existing networks by providing funds towards the running of a network event. The network must fall within the SULSA Life Sciences remit which includes everything from human health to animals, plants, and microbes. Networks must be led by at least two SULSA member universities/institutes but can include co-applicants from across the UK and internationally.
The funds must be used towards the costs associated with running a network event such as:
- Venue hire and catering
- Travel and accommodation costs
- Speaker costs
- Registration costs
- Conference materials
Networks are invited to apply for up to £1,000 and we will fund up to three networks per round.
Eligibility and Conditions
- The lead applicant must be employed by a SULSA university or institute and work within life sciences. At least one co-applicant from a different SULSA university or institute must be included in the application.
- The network must be cross-university and should promote cross-university working through its activities.
- This bursary is open to applicants at all levels (please see eligibility key)
- The network event must be an open meeting that shows clear benefit to the life sciences community in Scotland.
- Awarded networks must include SULSA logo in promotional material and invite a SULSA representative to the event.
Funding Information and Conditions:
- Events must have a clear benefit to life sciences research or researchers in Scotland. This includes events that are not specific to life sciences but offer networking, training, or career development support to researchers within life sciences.
- This call will run twice per year with a max. of 3 networks being awarded per round.
- Round one will open in September 2023 and close in February 2024 with the event taking place by 31st July 2024. Round two will open in March 2024 and close in July 2024 with the event taking place by 31st January 2025.
- Benefit of the event to the life sciences community in Scotland
- Collaborative nature of the event
- Creation of new opportunities for life scientists in Scotland
- Sustainability of the network long-term
- Call Opens: Monday 4th September 2023
- Information Session: Thursday 21st September 2023 – Register Now
- Application Deadline: Monday 5th February 2024
- Applicants Informed of Outcome: by w/c 19th February 2024
- Funding End Date: event must take place by 31st July 2024
Submitting Your Application
Please submit your application (a single PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org at SULSA by 5pm on Monday 5th February 2024 for round one.
Notification of Outcome
Applicants will be notified by email by w/c 19th February 2024.
Payment of Funds
If successful, funds will be transferred to the institution of the lead applicant. Funds must be spent by the end of July 2024. If your event takes place later than this, you should apply for a later round of funding.
You must provide the SULSA administration with project updates and outcomes when requested for reporting purposes. Post-event, SULSA will request attendee numbers and a breakdown of what university attendees were from. If this event leads to a published article, or leverages grant funding, please contact the SULSA administration to make them aware.