SULSA ECR PRIZE
Awarding outstanding early career scientists
Scope of Prize
SULSA wish to award outstanding early career scientists whose work shows excellent potential to make an impact in the field of life sciences.
This prize allows exceptional postdocs to raise their profile in Scotland and have a prestigious award on their CV. It includes a fully-funded tour of three Scottish Universities where the awardee will deliver a seminar and meet with staff in order to raise their profile around Scotland, and develop their independent networks.
In addition, the awardee will receive £2,000 of flexible funding to be used at their discretion for attending conferences, buying consumables, attending training courses or visiting collaborators etc.
- Applicants must be a postdoctoral researcher in the life sciences and hold a PhD
- Applicants must be based at a SULSA institution and work in a PI’s laboratory
- This award is not suitable for researchers who are setting up their own laboratory
- Applicants must have 12 months remaining on their contract/current funding from the 1st December 2021
- Applicants can self-nominate
- Call Opens: Monday 13th September 2021
- Application Deadline: Monday 11th October 2021
- Applicants Informed of Outcome: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
- SULSA ECR Prize Presentations: Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th November 2021
Please note, applicants must be available to present on either Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th November 2021
How to Apply
The SULSA ECR Prize will re-launch on Monday 13th September 2021.
For more information, please contact the SULSA Senior Operations Officer Jill.Inkster@glasgow.ac.uk