ECR DEVELOPMENT FUND
This funding aims to support researchers in their endeavours to develop their own novel research track
Scope of Prize
This funding aims to support researchers in their endeavours to develop their own novel research track. The funds can be used for a variety of activities within these categories:
- Training in new techniques/skills
- Consumable costs
- Facility access
The project should fulfil at least one of the following aims:
- Building a new collaboration (international, cross-discipline, cross-sector)
- Upskilling of the applicant
- Generation of pilot data and/or developing a pathway to commercialisation
You can apply for up to £4,000 and we hope to award a minimum of 5 projects.
Eligibility and Conditions
- The lead applicant must be a postdoctoral researcher (this does not include early PIs and Lecturers) and be a minimum of 2 years’ post completion of their PhD
- The lead applicant must be employed by a SULSA University
- Co-applicants can be from the industrial, public health or education sector. You require at least 1 co-applicant.
Funding Information and Conditions
- Projects must have defined milestones.
- Your project must be completed within 12 months of being awarded, or (if less) the duration of your contract at your host institution.
- The project must show a pathway to further funding from external sources.
- You must have your application signed by your PI to demonstrate their support.
- Project feasibility, objectives, and proposed outcomes
- Novelty and importance of the research described
- Track record of the applicant (based on the pathway to impact detailed above)
- Impact for the applicant and broader community
- Support of your networks
- Sustainability (potential to leverage further funds)
Notification of Outcome
Successful applications will be notified by email the w/c 30th January 2023.
Payment of Funds
If successful, funds will be transferred to your lead Institution. Funds must be spent within 12 months of the date of transfer.
You must provide the SULSA administration with project updates and outcomes when requested for reporting purposes. If this project leads to a published article, or leverages grant funding, please contact the SULSA administration to make them aware.
After awarding SULSA will circulate a demographic survey to all applicants of this funding call. This survey is to help us ensure our funding calls are reaching as far and wide as possible.
How to Apply
CALL NOW CLOSED